Amazing Aloe to Cool Your Summer
You probably know Aloe Vera as the cooling, soothing ingredient in topical lotions, lip balms and gels that takes the sting out of skin burns, wounds and irritations.Maybe you even know that you can ingest Aloe Vera juice to improve digestive distress and disorders.
It’s a sad fact that GI tract problems are the second leading cause of hospitalization in America. We can thank the Standard American Diet and ongoing stressors for that statistic. Modern foods––often fake-foods––put the digestive system on high alert to manage the inflammatory process. This leaves you feeling miserable!
So, what’s Aloe Vera’s role in this? Here are just a few highlights:
• Traditionally used externally for the treatment of skin burns (sun, wind, fire, chemical), cuts, abrasions and poisonous plant irritations.
• The inner leaf gel is a beneficial skin moisturizer and is an ingredient in many skin care products.
• Aloe vera juice, taken internally effectively soothes digestive disorders and improves inflamed gut lining tissue due to aloe’s ability to promote cellular growth and repair.
• Aloe Vera juice strengthens GI functions: Digestion; Absorption; Filtration; Elimination.
• As an anti-inflammatory, Aloe Vera juice soothes and calms the digestive tract to promote healing.
• Digestion is improved with Aloe Vera’s stimulation of natural enzyme production.
• Absorption improves because Aloe Vera restores the structure of the villi in the intestinal wall.
• Aloe Vera juice provides water balance in the colon, promoting easier elimination.
• Aloe Vera Juice supports healthy gut bacteria (probiotics).
• Collagen production is improved when Aloe Vera juice is added to the daily diet.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and is the substance that holds the whole body together. It is found in the bones, muscles, skin and tendons. It gives our skin, blood vessels and arteries strength and elasticity and helps replace dead skin cells. The amino acids that make up collagen are produced by our body, but this production declines as we age.
With 75 potentially active constituents (vitamins, enzymes, minerals sugars, lignin, saponins, salicylic acids, fatty and amino acids), it’s no wonder Aloe Vera Juice provides healing properties, skin protection and repair, anti-inflammatory properties, immune support and moisturizing and anti-aging benefits.
If you have an Aloe Vera plant you may enjoy this cooling, soothing recipe:
2 cups water
2 inches of aloe gel (scooped from the inner leaf)
1 cup fresh lemon juice
10 ice cubes
1-2 Tbsp. raw honey (or your choice sweetener)
Blend all ingredients in blender, pour into glasses and enjoy!
My Aloe Vera Juice of choice is Univera’s Aloe Select, Mango flavor . . . super refreshing and
super easy! You may order this delicious, cooling beverage by visiting: NewUnivera.com
then click on “Redeem Gift Card.” Enter this Gift Card ID#1387841 to receive wholesale pricing and
FREE shipping. Choose the Aloe Select (plain or mango flavored) and complete your order. Your
digestion will thank you!